Sunday, June 29, 2008

Haiti - Hope in God


To have hope in Haiti means to have hope in it's future. To have hope in God is integral. Romans 12:12 says - Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer. There's so many wonderful people out there making a difference and that is reason for joy. Families like the Livesay's and so many more. Working hard everyday to share the love of Christ through their witness and their actions. I'm encouraged when I see the many sites and blogs out there dedicated to Haiti and serving it's people. It encourages me to do more. One thing I will do is reach out to others who are in the mission field. Pray for them, support them when I can and encourage them always.

That said and the reason I mentioned hope - The country of Haiti lost one of it's great warriors last week. Pastor George DeTellis went home last Thursday morning and the world lost a great man. His impact to the people of Haiti and the Dominican Republic will be felt for generations to come. He was an incredibly passionate man and speaker and I regret that I never had the opportunity to meet him here on this earth. Fortunately, his wondeful family carries on this vital ministry. Instead of rambling on about Pastor George, I encourage you to visit newmissions.org and learn about him first hand. I couldn't do him justice with my words, but the site offers a glimpse into all the many things he's done. God Tube also has some very informative videos. You can search using the words - New Missions. Pastor George's passion is evident and contagious as you watch him speak. Man, I would have loved to hear him preach God's Word!
Well, I hope your week is off to a great start. Don't be afraid to leave a comment or two. Let me know you're out there and thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so cute Honey. And well spoken. But most I see a heart for God, and that's wonderful.