Saturday, July 31, 2010

Less than 60 Days!


Well, we're less than 60 days away from the big ride! Can you believe it? It's been about a year in the making and we're almost ready to hit road.

Just today, Monty and I began the process of purchasing equipment we'll need for the ride. Things like rain gear, a portable bike pump, butt butter (I still laugh at that one), leggings for colder mornings and the scariest of all - a road rash emergency kit! The packaging said something along the lines of, "treats four large areas". Yikes! I'm thinking if I've got four large areas of road rash - you'd best be calling the ambulance!

Monty's put together a well detailed packing list and we're checking it twice to be sure we've covered all the bases. The trick here is to pack comprehensive but light. Can I get everything I need for 40 days on the road into 20/30 pounds? If anyone has packing tips I'd appreciate hearing them. We're going to have to be creative.

That's all for now. If your interested in donating - visit the site or send one of us an email. 100% of your donation will go to Haiti.

Don't forget the site: http://www.pedalforhaiti.org or check us out on Twitter and Facebook at: pedalforhaiti

T-shirts coming soon!

Thanks for reading!

Dave

No comments: